Mama Rose: About Ashley
Have you had those moments where you have to take a deep breath and trudge into your home, knowing it’s a warzone of disconnect and frustration? Have you caught yourself having more “bad mommy” moments than good ones, snapping at and criticizing your family? Do you feel constantly pulled in every direction and frustrated with the constant demands and neediness of young children?
Living with one person and jiving all the time is hard enough. Add in a family with young kids just figuring out the world and you have a recipe for a quick downhill disaster. If everyone is fighting for their place and unable to recognize personality differences for their strengths, “home” can bring forth some pretty mixed feelings. Home may be the house you enter into, but do you have a home that makes you truly happy?
What if you learned how to put the “om” into hOMe…to foster relationships and an environment that gives you a sense of peace, happiness and comfort when you think of family, and what your true home is?
This is where I come in. I work with Mamas first and foremost. Motherhood is a tough job – extremely draining and extremely rewarding. It can be overwhelming and hard to manage alone. Sometimes, even when you are married, it can feel like parenting is a solitary responsibility. I help mamas clear the clutter from their home, their head, and their heart. I start by getting to the root of it all: understanding who you are and how you tick.
Once you understand your own hills and valleys (and how to focus in on your strengths and motivate/encourage others to do the same), you can truly BE the good and SEE the good.
[su_box title=”Meet Ashley” style=”soft” box_color=”#1AC141″ title_color=”#7C16A1″]I work with families to take them from surviving to thriving, from reaction to proactively creating the home (and life) they truly enjoy. Using personality styles, tips and resources, we can clear the clutter from your home, your head, and your heart. Mamas are my starting point, and we work out from there – marriage and then the children, so all are heard and understood. [/su_box]
On the business side, for the past 12 years I have run my father Dan Miller’s business, www.48Days.com. Through this I have worked in and managed: customer service, shipping and fulfillment, marketing, web design, product development and design, social media, graphics, and worked side-by-side with my father leading Coaching with Excellence and coaching coaches on how to build their own coaching businesses. My forte is specifically in the area of personality styles and utilizing the DISC profile reports.
After spending years helping other coaches build their coaching businesses, it was time for me to launch my own – thus Mama Says Namaste was born! I’d spend so much time after work events with 48 Days taking couples to the side to talk with them about their profile graphs and how to navigate the waters of marriage in an entrepreneurial household, and I found that I truly came alive when I was able to talk about marriage and family.
[su_box title=”What’s My Focus?” style=”soft” box_color=”#1AC141″ title_color=”#7C16A1″] I love to discuss relationships of any kind, yet the relationships right under your roof are the first and foremost priority. I work with the whole family, using the foundation of understanding personality styles and then applying that to creating a family where “the uniqueness in each of us strengthens all of us”.[/su_box]
I address topics on communication, education, parenting, love/marriage, and powerful, authentic and connected relationships.[su_pullquote]Motherhood…parenthood is the most important job in the world – and yet we all are navigating this critical job on top of everything else – running a household, work, taking care of yourself, maintaining and growing a harmonious relationship with your significant other.[/su_pullquote]
With my degrees in American Sign Language and Psychology, I have the background to not only work on the psychological aspect that comes from looking inward, but also to do some intense interpreting and mediating between the family.
I have been a “mama” to many over the past two decades, as I started nannying in my early teens. Once I became a parent, I learned what motherhood was really about – and I love talking with others about parenting styles, ways to encourage creativity and independence in your kids….and not lose yourself in the process.
So I talk to the mamas first – because, when mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.
On top of the online business world, I love hot yoga and assist at a studio in town, make killer fudge, cover the whole family in henna designs, paint, I’m a certified Reiki Therapist, unschooling mother, and we’re gearing up as the family to do our next big adventure – Full Time RVing. 🙂
- Be a top podcast GUEST! If you are interested in having me as a guest, here is my bio with info and topics: Ashley Logsdon One-Sheeter
“Ashley and her husband Nathan were absolutely fabulous guests to have on the Extraordinary Family Show. They were engaging, open, transparent, and a delight to have on the show. Our listeners truly enjoyed their interview and we saw a phenomenal response in listener engagement. Ashley brings a wealth of knowledge, experience, and passion in all she does and I would highly recommend her for an interview – she will not disappoint!” Michael Skiff, One Extraordinary Family Podcast show
- Unschooling and More: An Interview with Ashley and Nathan Logsdon – with Mike Skiff
- Your Personality Revealed: Part 1 -with Kingsley Grant
- Your Personality Revealed: Part 2 -with Kingsley Grant
- 12-Minute Convos: Having Sex Consistently For Over 3 Years – with Engel Jones
- The More Than Mom Show – (show notes: Creating a Business and Family Life with Personality and Soul)
- Free eBook download: DISC Quick Tips for Families
- “Parent DISCovery Playbook: The How-To Guide To Understanding Your Tiny Humans“ – eBook, physical book and audio accompaniment (release date June 2 for eBook, audio October 10)
- “Laughter, Humble Pie and Lots of Sex“ Audio series (release date winter 2016)
- Speaking engagements:
- Jevonnah Ellison’s Leading Ladies Mastermind Academy
- Rotary Youth Leader Awards District Clarksville with Rebecca Townsend
- Coaching with Excellence (presenting DISC and how to communicate with your clients/team) February 4-5, May 12-13, August 25-26 (again 3 times in 2017)
- “Finding Namaste Within” Workshop at Fahrenheit Yoga Studio (read a full write-up here)
- Guest Blog Posts:
- Your Formula For Life – Relationships: What Is Your Goal?
- Started a new family adventure in October – RVing the States – stay tuned for a new site and a fun family project, and search the #FieldTripGypsies on FaceBook or Instagram to find us on our travels!