We recently held polls in both the Mama Says Namaste and Unschooling Families FaceBook groups regarding screen time in your home. Here are some of the interesting results:
- The #1 struggle folks have with screen time is setting a good example (45%) followed by a close second of setting and sticking to screen time parameters (40%).
- The top benefit folks see in technology is to educate (42%) followed by a close second of to enrich (37%).
- 73% said they feel like they have a good balance between screen time and family time.
- There was an overall tie in the age that computers/tech should be introduced to children.
34% said 2-3 years old
34% said 6-7 years old
17% said 4-5 years old
7% said 8-9 years old
7% said when they show interest
- Interestingly, the tie above is exactly opposite among the Mama Says Namaste group and Unschooling Group! (Seems like we may want to poll how many non-traditional schooling parents are in the MSN Group!)
MSN group — 47% said 2-3 years old and 20% said 6-7 years old
Unschooling group — 21% said 2-3 years old and 50% said 6-7 years old
- Number of screens in the home
41% have 4-6
38% have 7-10
13% have more than 10
8% have 0-3