How to keep your sanity on Travel Days (Episode 54)
What are some of the logistics of travel on the road? We've had many questions about this, like what you need to plot out before you leave, what does a travel day look like, and who does what. We're going to share a bit about travel days in our home, as well as set-up/breakdown logistics for RVing.
In Season 6 on the podcast, we are diving into this one beautiful priority:
Seek Adventure Together.
Setup and Satisfaction - getting the most out of your adventure
Before we dive in to making this happen, we are officially wrapping up our last days in Nebraska. It's been a super pleasant trip, and we've enjoyed the amazing Omaha zoo as well as places out in the middle of nowhere.
Additionally, some great changes to Mama Says Namaste - a new home page, more SEO and easier navigation, plus shorter FB lives and podcasts to give you what you want to hear in a more manageable format. Stay tuned for more Q&A in our podcasts as we switch to that format, jumping between the 6 themes we've focused on so far. If you have a question you want answered, ask us here!
Here are our questions for this week:
- What things do you consider in your logistical planning?
- Route (google map - satellite - know where you're driving)
- Gas in between if necessary (especially out west - we love iExit for Trucks to find diesel and travel centers)
- What do you pack and what do you leave?
- Be minimalist - you don't need 15 pairs of everything
- Pack light - you typically will have a walmart or something close by
- Pitching in - packing up to move, prep there, and the whole family helping
- Assign roles - kids know they don't budge from the car and being buckled in until the jacks are down.
- Each person has a different area to set up so no one is stepping on each other's toes.
Your Weekly Challenge:
Plan out a road trip for your family - a day trip or put a date on that 90 day family adventure. Start making it happen, and share with us where you're headed - we may have been there!
Get excited with your family. Pay attention to what strengths you each bring as part of the family team, and remember, the uniqueness in each of us strengthens all of us.
Questions or comments?
We love Q&A on the podcast, and cover all things that are a part of creating an intentional family.
Personality styles, marriage/intimacy, parenting, education, entrepreneurship, minimalism, travel...
What is pressing on your mind? Reach out and ask or comment - we may cover it on an upcoming podcast as well as respond by email.