What Is Your Word For The Year? (Episode 128)
What is your word for the year? It's 2020 - a new year, and time for a fresh start. It's often a time for a word/theme/mantra to get intentional about a new year. We polled a bunch of you to hear what your 2020 themes are, and we dig into words/phrases, mantras and themes of the year…and why it’s significant to identify them!
Let's dig into even more than a simple word for the year!
Back in 2015, we started this whole grand adventure. You can hear the full story in my foundational episode, "what is all this namaste stuff?".
This inspired many blog posts and a new intention for every year, starting with that magical word, awe. In 2016 we set out to find awe in everything. In 2017, the word was focus, and in 2018, the focus was on “and”. In 2019, we focused on “unhurried spaciousness”.
Pin for later:
Where are we this week?
Guess what? We're still in Florida!! Surprise, surprise. It's still the holiday season a bit for us as we have rotated through every grandparent coming to visit!
We had a day in between grandparents, and now are enjoying the last of the rounds with Grammy, hanging at the pool and using our new goggles we got for Christmas!
What You Had To Say About It...
There were some incredible words and themes shared when I posed this question on FaceBook, and as we go through them in this episode and below, look for what resonates with you and may help you in your own intention.
What is this your word for the year? And how can you dig deeper to make this your year of... what?
Your Word For The Year Is...
Here are a few of your insights I polled on Facebook:
Here are even more resources to go deeper:
- What’s Your Word?
- Don’t wait for “one day”
- Focus, Awe, and Not Waiting For One Day – What Is Your Word?
- Are You Living Your Life In Color? No Excuses
- 4 Steps To Make Your Bucket List Happen (Episode 65)
- 3 Essential Secrets To Make Your “One Day” A Reality (Episode 49)
- What’s Holding You Back from Pursuing Your Dreams?
- What Is Your Family Vision?
- It’s Not Always Either/Or – Remember the AND
- 5 Tips for Bringing in the New Year For The Story You Want To Create
- What is your goal?
- Founding Episode of the Mama Says Namaste Podcast
- Unhurried Spaciousness: Five Steps for Your New Year (Episode 85)
- Serendipity, Unhurried Spaciousness, and Lots of Hot Air (Episode 115)
- The Compassionate Heart Philosophy (episode 112)
- When Adventures Go Awry (Episode 51)
Not Sure How To Narrow This Down?
Here are a few more thoughts on words
You can pick a single word, like:
Or you can try a concept, like:
Or you can pick a mantra – something you say on repeat that really solidifies, like:
- Complete, don’t compete
- Aloha Ke’Akua
- Don’t be a jerk (this has been a theme for us as well)
- Be love
- Hakuna Matata
- Be the Change You Wish To See in the world
Your Weekly Challenge:
So, what is your word for the year? Or what will open up your "reticular activator" to keep your focus this year? When we create an intention and bring it to our awareness, it's amazing how you'll see more of it in your life. Let me know - what resonates with your family?